Phone System Engineer
Head of Engineering
Responsible for the installation and maintenance of phone systems on customers’ sites, this role may also require time to be spent working on 9’s office based, technical desk, advising customers about general matters and carrying out remote diagnostics and resolution of phone system faults.
The role requires the flexibility to travel throughout the UK, including overnight stays and to be on call for 9’s extended hours contracts on a rotational basis.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To carry out phone system installation and maintenance work, ensuring everything is done with the customer as the central focus
- Manage working day time and priorities to meet the needs of our customers
- Be polite and courteous, listening to the customer to help plan how to deliver the solution in the most efficient manner. Be prepared to suggest possible improvements to the original customer solution
- Complete job sheets and obtain the customer’s sign off.
- Contact the administration team when work has been completed, so that the job can be closed, invoiced if required and a customer feedback call arranged for the next day.
- Ensure that the administration team are able to quickly allocate the next job, on completion of the previous one.
- Ensure open communication is maintained with other engineers and colleagues at all times and contribute to the quarterly engineers’ meetings
- Keep all relevant vendor accreditations up to date
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Up to date manufacturer accreditation on at least of one of the products below as a minimum;
- NEC SV9100, NEC SV8100, NEC SL1100
- Unify OSbiz, Siemens HiPath
- Broadsoft or Mitel hosted IP telephony systems
- A minimum of three years’ field based engineering experience, installing and maintaining complex voice solutions, across a variety of customer environments
- The ability to problem solve in a logical manner, in order to rectify customer issues quickly and efficiently
- An in depth working knowledge and understanding of customer LAN/WAN infrastructures and the ability to assist in the design, delivery and support of voice applications using these technologies
- The ability and drive to learn and work with new technologies and products, as required
- An excellent grounding in the telecommunications industry, with a good knowledge of IP technologies and topologies, including an in-depth knowledge of hosted IP telephony
- Confidence to interact positively with a wide range of customers
- The ability to communicate complex issues in a manner that customers can readily understand
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus a strong attention to detail and an ability to work as part of a team with a common goal
What we will do for you
- Make sure you have regular access to all the information and training that you need to work with our range of phone systems and associated products
- Introduce you to eve, our hosted communication and collaboration platform and make sure that you are fully equipped to install and troubleshoot this product set
- Listen to your ideas and make sure that your voice is heard
- Help you to build a career, not just do a job
This is a field-based role, ideally located within an hour’s commute from our Luton office.