Senior Assistant Accountant
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for an individual to work for a leading Communications I.T and Service business, to progress their career in a fast-paced growing organisation.
Reporting directly into the Finance Director, this role has extensive business partnering elements working with internal and external customers across various departments and will support major projects. This is an ideal path to progress into a Management Accountant role in the long term.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and support a small team.
- Processing of monthly invoices, monthly recharges with reconciliations to supplier statements
- Daily cashflow management and reporting on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Uploading and reconciling monthly bill runs
- Maintenance of company bank accounts, posting of transactions and daily reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, forecasts and quarterly reviews
- Accruals, prepayments, depreciation, and month end journals
- Month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT returns
- Payroll posting reconciliation and analysis.
- Monitoring debtor and creditor ledgers to ensure accuracy of input.
- Process employees personal and company card holders’ expenses in line with companies’ expenses policy
- Processing of Payment runs and reconciling to the bank.
- Constant process and control review to look for efficiency and control environment improvements.
- Other ad hoc reporting tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Minimum part-qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent (finalist or qualified by experience considered)
- Excellent experience prioritising conflicting deadlines – including monthly tasks and month end reports.
- Strong commercial acumen and communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Skills, with advanced level excel skills (demonstrated use of formulas Vlookup, pivot tables)
- The ability to work as a team with a common goal.
- An ability to solve problems in a logical manner, thereby rectifying issues speedily and efficiently.
- Desirable – User of Access Dimensions